Genuine circular economy, thanks to 100 % recyclability

Werner & Mertz, the company behind Frosch, has reached another milestone on the way to a genuine circular economy. In accordance with Cradle to Cradle® principles, its Recyclate Initiative has developed the world's first completely recyclable stand-up pouch of a monomaterial (polyethylene) with a removable label.

The result of a four-year joint project by Werner & Mertz and the global packaging and paper firm Mondi, the innovative, patented pouch design solves the problem of recycling printed plastic. How? As about 85% of all the packaging material is not printed, it can be recycled without any loss of quality. The remaining 15%, the extremely thin printed label, is free of adhesives and bonding agents, so it too can flow back into new uses.

Genuine circular economy, thanks to 100 % recyclability
Reduce-Reuse-Recycle

Reduce-Reuse-Recycle

Our new patented stand-up pouch is the first packaging that complies fully with the three Rs – reduce, reuse and recycle:

Compared to a bottle with the same volume, the pouch saves up to 70 % of packaging material (REDUCE). The refill packaging makes it possible to fill the original bottle again and again (REUSE). By the way, the Frosch bottles are made of up to 100 % recyclates (used plastic) obtained from post-consumer waste collections. The pouch can be recycled completely – the plastic remains in a closed loop (RECYCLE).